Make a Donation to DCPS
We welcome your support. Donations from valued community partners support our efforts to provide a ļž–”÷Ī≤•app-quality education to students in our nation’s capital.
We are most in need of new items that support our instructional efforts. Some examples of the types of items we would appreciate are:
- School supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, crayons, and glue) (See K-12 School Supply List)
- Small portable white boards and dry erase markers
- Art supplies (paper, brushes, assorted paint, chalks)
- New books for school, class, and students’ home libraries
- Interactive white boards
- Sports equipment
- Computers and Printers (See Computer Donation Guidelines)
- School uniforms
- Hygiene Kits (See Hygiene Kit Donation Guidelines)
Four Ways to Donate
- Donate via ļž–”÷Ī≤•appCentral Office – If you are looking for additional guidance or support in facilitating a donation, we ask that you complete this and the School Partnerships Division will be in touch with next steps.
- Donate directly to a ļž–”÷Ī≤•appSchool – Whenever possible, we encourage donors to contact ļž–”÷Ī≤•appschools directly. This will expedite the process and allow donors to align with the school’s specific needs. A full list of our schools may be found at the ļž–”÷Ī≤•appSchool Profiles website.
- Donate via – You may also support a ļž–”÷Ī≤•appclassroom projects through Donors Choose, a pre-approved online platform through which DC ļž–”÷Ī≤•app Schools may receive donations. To do so, visit the website and search for “DC ļž–”÷Ī≤•app Schools.” This will be the best way to ensure the projects listed are for District of Columbia ļž–”÷Ī≤•app Schools. (Tip: once you identify the specific school project you wish to support, you can review the ļž–”÷Ī≤•appSchool Profiles website and search for “DC ļž–”÷Ī≤•app Schools.” This will be the best way to ensure the projects listed are for District of Columbia ļž–”÷Ī≤•app Schools. (Tip: once you identify the specific school project you wish to support, you can review the ļž–”÷Ī≤•appSchool Profiles website to ensure the school project you selected is a ļž–”÷Ī≤•appschool.)
- Donate via – If there is not a specific project or school you wish to donate to but still wish to provide ļž–”÷Ī≤•appwith a financial donation, you can go through the DC ļž–”÷Ī≤•app Education Fund. .